The past weeks have been unprecedented and challenging as a result of the novel coronavirus, (COVID-19). Now more than ever, it is important to stay safe, keep others safe, and support one another with care and compassion.
To this, we are determined to positively respond to the situation presented and have actioned flexible strategies based on the latest information available at this time to ensure we can continue to support our staff, learners and clients’ needs.
- We continue to provide training, learner success and client relationship support, as usual, to deliver ongoing support to our learners and clients via phone, email or Skype.
- Supporting our communities with regards to social distancing, work placement and observations are currently on hold. We have however structured our courses for learners to continue the theory components of their course, enabling progress through their studies.
- For current online and paper-based learners, we have prepared this FAQ to help understand any changes. As per usual, continue to contact your trainer if you have any questions relating to your study.
- For those who wish to start studying, rolling intakes remain open and our learner success team is ready to get you, set-up and started.
- To support the community is this difficult time for many, for those looking to commence study, we are please to be able to waive our administration fee and offer $0* to eligible individuals until 10 April, 2020.
Jo Asquith, CEO, Practical Outcomes
We have an effective online training platform to ensure all learners have interactive learning tools available to them while progressing their studies from the safety of their own homes. And as mentioned, our learners success advisors, trainers and local client consultants remain available as per usual via email, phone and video calls.
Essential information on the COVID-19 situation continues to be updated regularly and we are monitoring all reliable sources in regards to schools, centres and facilities restricting visitors or closing temporarily. You can also track the latest Australian updates via the Australian Government Department of Health and the Department of Education, Skills and Employment. For global updates, visit the World Health Organisation’s website.
Sending care and compassion to all as we continue to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic together.