The Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care is highly sought-after qualification designed to provide graduates with the skills and knowledge to become a lead educator in the delivery of early childhood education programs in a range of child care settings.
This program includes management competencies which will equip graduates with the knowledge and confidence to meet the daily challenges of working within the early childhood industry and the ability to lead and mentor other staff and volunteers.
Whichever delivery mode suits your lifestyle, our experienced and supportive trainers will be with you every step of the way.
Call us on 1300 799 610 to talk to us about how to begin or advance your career in the rewarding child care industry!
Kick start your career today.
Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
15 units (12 core and 3 electives)
Workplace or distance (online)
280 hours (2 days per week, 7.5 hour days) in a long day care environment that we can help you organise (working hours can be incorporated as placement hours for workplace learners)
Government funding & fees
CHCECE046 Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
CHCECE050 Work in partnership with the children’s families
CHCECE045 Foster positive and respectful interactions and behaviour in children
CHCECE041 Maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
CHCECE049 Embed sustainable practices in service operations
CHCECE042 Foster holistic early childhood learning, development and wellbeing
CHCECE043 Nurture creativity in children
CHCECE047 Analyse information to inform learning
CHCECE048 Plan and implement children’s education and care curriculum
CHCECE044 Facilitate compliance in an education and care service
BSBSTR501 Establish innovative work environments
BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
CHCPOL003 Research and apply evidence to practice
CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- Must hold a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30113 or CHC30121).
- To commence this program, your Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills must meet required standards for ACSF LEVEL 3.
- Access to a computer and internet.
- You need to either provide a current Working With Children Check (WWCC) or provide evidence that you have applied for a WWCC. Find out more information here.
- If you are unable to obtain a WWCC you will not be able to complete the requirements of the course and will not be eligible for government-subsidised training for this course.
- Evidence of flu and/or COVID-19 vaccination is required to undertake practical placement in an early childhood education and care setting. For more information, check with your state health department website.
Offered in the workplace or by distance you can study to suit your life commitments. With either delivery mode you can study via our interactive online portal.
Assessment methods include: Readings, research and reflection tasks, knowledge questions, projects, workplace/placement assessments and observations.
This program requires a minimum of 280 hours to be logged in at least one education and care service. If you are not already in the workplace we can help you organise practical placement in a centre that is suitable to you. Learn more
- For distance learners evidence of flu vaccination may be required to undertake practical placement in some centres.
Your dedicated trainer and assessor
You will be provided with a qualified trainer and workplace/placement coach who will support you throughout your entire learning journey. Your trainer will provide you with individualised feedback on all your assessments and support you every step of the way. As well as face-to-face visits, for extra support, your trainer is available to help via phone or email too.
- Room leader/Lead educator
- Early childhood educator
- Family day care educator
- Kindergarten early childhood educator
- Nanny /in home carer
- Assistant director
- Centre director