The Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care is an entry level qualification and the minimum legal requirement for every child care worker in Australia.
This qualification covers the fundamentals of early childhood development, education and care. Upon completion of this qualification you will have the skills, knowledge and experience to support the health, safety and development of children and to plan activities to promote children’s learning through play.
Whichever delivery mode suits your lifestyle, our experienced and supportive trainers will be with you every step of the way.
For more information on this exciting industry, submit the form below and get ‘The Ultimate Guide to a Career in Early Childhood Education and Care’’!
Call us on 1300 799 610 to talk to us about how to begin a career in the rewarding child care industry!
Kick start your career today.
Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
17 units (15 core and 2 electives)
Workplace or distance (online)
180 hours (2 days per week, 7.5 hour days) in a long day care environment that we can help you organise (working hours can be incorporated as placement hours for workplace learners)
Government funding & fees
HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
CHCECE056 Work effectively in children’s education and care
HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
CHCECE031 Support children’s health, safety and wellbeing
CHCECE055 Meet legal and ethical obligations in children’s education and care
CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
CHCECE032 Nurture babies and toddlers
CHCECE033 Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
CHCECE030 Support inclusion and diversity
CHCECE034 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
CHCECE054 Promote understanding of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples’ cultures
CHCECE035 Support the holistic learning & development of children
CHCECE036 Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
CHCECE037 Support children to connect with the natural environment
CHCECE038 Observe children to inform practice
BSBPEF301 Organise personal work priorities
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- To commence this program, your Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills must meet required standards for ACSF LEVEL 2
- Must have access to a computer and internet
- You need to either provide a current Working With Children Check (WWCC) or provide evidence that you have applied for a WWCC. Find out more information here
- If you are unable to obtain a WWCC you will not be able to complete the requirements of the course and will not be eligible for government-subsidised training for this course
- Evidence of flu and/or COVID-19 vaccination is required to undertake practical placement in an early childhood education and care setting. For more information, check with your state health department website
Offered in the workplace our by distance you can study to suit your life commitments. With either delivery mode you can study via our interactive online portal.
Assessment methods include: Readings, research and reflection tasks, knowledge questions, projects, workplace/placement assessments and observations
This program requires a minimum of 180 hours to be logged in an education and care service. If you are not already in the workplace we can help you organise practical placement in a centre that is suitable to you. Learn more.
- For distance learners evidence of flu vaccination is required to undertake practical placement in an early childhood education and care setting. For more information, check with your state health department website
Your dedicated trainer and assessor
You will be provided with a qualified trainer and workplace/placement coach who will support you throughout your entire learning journey. Your trainer will provide you with individualised feedback on all your assessments and support you every step of the way. As well as face-to-face visits, for extra support, your trainer is available to help via phone or email too.
- Early childhood educator
- Kindergarten assistant
- Family day care educator
- Nanny/in-home carer
- Outside school hours care educator