The National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) released in December 2018 the results of their annual National Student Outcomes Survey – and the data highlights strong satisfaction from employers and VET graduates.
NCVER, which is the main supplier of research, statistics and data on Australia’s VET sector, surveyed 206,944 students – including 143,852 graduates and 63,092 subject completers. They were asked about whether they enjoyed their training and found it relevant, along with questions about the employment outcomes from their course or subject.
Data shows that satisfaction remains high with 86.8% of graduates and 90.4% of subject completers satisfied with the overall quality of their training.
High satisfaction among employers
From an employer’s point of view, results also showed that:
- 82.9% of employers recommended Practical Outcomes – compared to the Victorian state average for other RTOs of 73.3%.
- 91.4% of employers of Practical Outcomes’ trainees and graduates are satisfied with the training we provide – compared to the Victorian state average of 77.6%.
- 68% of employers reported improvements in the generic skills of trainees.
At Practical Outcomes, our mission is to teach, motivate and inspire students to reach their full potential. This applies to those already in the workplace whose employers offer professional development through Practical Outcomes.
Graduates are career-ready
With a focus on equipping students with relevant, career-ready skills in specialised areas, it’s encouraging to see that the sector is also producing outstanding outcomes for VET graduates. Key findings from the survey include:
- 59% of VET graduates reported an improved employment status after training, up 2.2% from 2017
- 48.4% of graduates who weren’t employed before training were employed after, up 1.3% from 2017
- 18.6% increase in gaining higher-skill-level employment for those who were already employed, up 1.5% from 2017
Accredited courses are designed to give VET students (of all ages and backgrounds) theoretical and practical experience they need for the workplace.
To help students along on their journey, we give them access to industry-leading trainers who are true professionals in their field.
It’s pleasing to know that as an RTO, we’re contributing to the overall satisfaction of students completing VET courses and continue to produce aged care, child care and business graduates who are career-ready.
Registered training organisations (RTOs) are the preferred suppliers of such training since they are regulated and bound by strict quality standards. This includes providing high-quality nationally-recognised training and qualifications. As per the Government’s Australian Skills Quality Authority website, only RTOs can:
- deliver nationally recognised courses and accredited Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) VET qualifications,
- apply for Australian, state and territory funding to deliver vocational education and training.
RTOs can offer qualifications at the following levels:
- Certificates I, II, III and IV
- Advanced Diploma
- Vocational Graduate Certificate
- Vocational Graduate Diploma
If you’re looking for a quality RTO, get in touch with Practical Outcomes to discuss your training needs.
[Data and statistics are taken from the Victorian State Government Education and Training Student Satisfaction and Employer Satisfaction and Skills Surveys 2018.]