The Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management reflects the role of workers who are middle managers or managers across a range of community sector organisations including education and care services. This program is for individuals who already hold a diploma in the community services sector or are in a management or supervisory position at a community services organisation.
The program is a pathway designed to broaden the skills of the graduate across other sections of the community services industry. This may include management of a specific programs or project, or broader management of a community-based organisation, early childhood education service, not-for-profit organisation or community centre.
Kick start your career today.
BSBMGT608 Manage innovation and continuous improvement
BSBRSK501 Manage risk
CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
CHCMGT001 Develop, implement and review quality framework
CHCMGT003 Lead the work team
CHCDIV003 Manage and promote diversity
BSBINN601 Lead and manage organisational change
BSBFIM601 Manage finances
CHCPOL002 Develop and implement policy
CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
CHCPRP004 Promote and represent the service
CHCCOM003 Develop workplace communication strategies
BSBHRM512 Develop and manage performance management processes
- To commence this program, your Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills must meet required standards for ACSF LEVEL 4
- You will meet entry requirements for this course if you:
- are in a management role in the community sector or have previously undertaken one of these roles, or;
- hold a qualification at Diploma level or above relevant to work in the community sector or have sufficient experience and knowledge of community work or service, or;
- are in a second in charge role (or equivalent), however, you will need to have employer support to be able to complete a range of tasks within the workplace.
How is the course delivered and assessed?
Our virtual campus delivery allows you to study via our simple and intuitive online learning portal, where you can access your learning and assessment materials anywhere, anytime. Your dedicated trainer and assessor will be with you every step of the way to provide you with real time support and individualised feedback on your assessments. Collaborate and share experiences with your peers using our interactive, online program hub.
Unable to study online? If you are unable to access our online learning we can provide paper-based resources. You will still receive all the same support you need from our experienced trainers with correspondence throughout your study provided via phone, email or video calls through Skype.
Benefits and Inclusions
- Access your materials and assessments online anywhere anytime
- Interactive learning with videos and quizzes
- Easily keep track of your progress via your personal online dashboard
- Receive helpful notifications throughout your learning journey
- Access technical support and stay in touch with other students online
- No paper. Doing your part to protect the environment!
Your dedicated trainer and assessor
You will be provided with a qualified trainer and workplace/placement coach who will support you throughout your entire learning journey. Your trainer will provide you with individualised feedback on all your assessments and support you every step of the way.
- Program area manager
- Centre director
- Coordinator (large organisation)
- Community care manager
- Community development manager
- Community education manager
- Project manager